||Site Manager, Salary range – £45-55K
|Summary of the role:
The Site Manager will lead and direct the day-to-day operations of the plant.
The Site Manager’s primary responsibility is to ensure that the plant is operated safely, reliably and efficiently while achieving the key performance indicators (KPIs) and site performance targets agreed with EVE Directors.
The Site Manager is responsible for building and maintaining the plants safety culture and performance, delivering and maintaining good industrial practice, maintaining correct staffing levels and plant performance, and inventory management and control.
|Responsibilities and key duties:
- Lead from the front and by example, to achieve and maintain a high level of performance efficiency for the plant, provide leadership in directing all day-to-day site business activities.
- Review and initiate the day-to-day operation of the plant and to this end become fully conversant with each and every activity undertaken.
- Manage and take part in, where necessary, the rota for call outs to site outside contracted working hours to ensure the smooth running of the plant.
- Understand, be familiar with and contribute to the existing strategy of the Company.
- Ensure the successful interpretation, facilitation and implementation of Legislative and other regulations.
- Maintain and nurture a good relationship with customers and suppliers.
- Assist with increasing the profitability of the Company through cost centre analysis, action planning, and reporting to the Company Directors.
- Build and maintain a sound site organisational structure with succession planning.
- Take in the recruitment of operators, train and motivate staff. Provide regular performance meetings and coaching.
- Maintain a safety culture that places the safety of employees, customers, contractors and visitors first.
- Maintain ongoing compliance to Ofgem, National Grid, HSE, EA and any other industrial body
- Respond to and record all Near Misses and NCR’s as soon as possible and report EVE Health and Safety Team immediately. Review trends at the plant and implement a continuous improvement plan based upon each review.
- Deliver production expenses on budget for the plant, work with the EVE Finance Team and Directors to assist with the financial control management system to reduce costs where opportunities present themselves.
- Define training requirements for all direct reports and ensure all are completed.
- Supervise and motivate plant personnel to ensure compliance to safety, quality and productivity standards, and to meeting the required operating goals.
- Regularly review all existing site documentation and procedures with the Area Manager and all Operators. Initiate and produce new procedural documentation when required.
- Analyse and resolves daily production problems.
- Review and complete various reporting requirements to the Board of EVE. Ensure proper follow-up and implementation of actions derived from reports and efficiency reviews.
- Review processes, procedures and equipment and implement continuous improvements in safety, quality and productivity
- Interpret company policies to workers, contractors and visitors and enforcing safety regulations and procedures by methods from Toolbox Talks to more formal presentation.
- Recommend or initiate personnel actions, such as promotions, dismissals, and disciplinary measures.
- Working closely with the Health & Safety team and the Area Manager promote, ensure compliance and a strong safety culture through transparency, accurate reporting, correcting concerns and deficiencies.
- Responsible for CAR closures as well as other HSE, EA and Quality audit findings.
- Assure availability and reliability of plant and equipment aligned with objectives to meet throughput commitments
- Define, implement and manage maintenance activities with contractors in conjunction with the Area Manager.
- Identify and escalate areas for improvement. Propose and execute improvement initiatives through change management.
|Skills, Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience required:
Skills and Qualifications
- WAMITAB is desirable, not essential
- IOSH, NEBOSH are desirable, not essential
- Line Management; 121s, appraisals
Knowledge and Experience
- Previous management of an AD site is essential
- Energy from Waste and Depackaging experience is desirable
- Willing to embrace change and challenge processes to improve the efficiency and the effectiveness of the site/company
- Able to self-manage workloads and priorities
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Commitment to achieve the highest standards of work at all times
- Takes full ownership of tasks through to conclusion
- Annual leave 25 days per annum (pro rata first year from start date) plus bank holidays for Monday to Friday roles.
- Employers pension contribution is 5%
- Salary Sacrifice – pension
- Leave carry-over – 5 days to be taken in the first quarter of the following year
- Perkbox membership
- Unum Life Assurance
- Medicash – Health Cash Plan membership
- Benenden Health membership
This list of duties is not exhaustive and may change from time to time as business needs demand.
Please apply in writing with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org